We are searching (multiple) mechanical / structural engineers with a good background in mechanical- and mechanism design (at least 2 years professional experience with a professional CAD/CAE tool-chain). You will be responsible to design complex advanced offshore mechanical equipment in 3D CAD and to perform engineering calculus (hand as well as CAE) as required to check for structural integrity, kinematic motion compatibility, and will take an active role in selecting appropriate materials for the equipment we build.
You will be part of the "Motion compensation crane design team", which develops our new motion compensation offshore crane for the offshore wind sector.
You will conceptually design and detail mechanical systems jointly with other experts from X Laboratory, such as with team members from control systems, electrical systems and manufacturing. You will also take an active role in interfacing with our selected supply-chain producers that will manufacture and integrate our offshore equipment (ship-yards, machine shops, equipment manufacturers). Moreover, you will continue to learn about mechanical and mechanism designs through contributing to other projects that are and will be ongoing for robotics and automation in the maritime and offshore sector.
We look for driven team-players that enjoy to continuously learn and that will thrive in challenging and complex projects in high-tech automation and robotics. We all love to build equipment that actually works.
Following bullets give an indication of your background and skills that will make you suitable for applying. The more fit, the better:
- Completed B.Sc. study in mechanical engineering, maritime engineering or aerospace engineering
- Completed M.Sc. study in mechanical engineering, precision engineering, maritime engineering or aerospace engineering
- Completed professional education in mechanical engineering or precision engineering through which you acquired practical know-how in machining (e.g. CNC/Milling/Turning/Welding)
- Solid understanding of mechanical design and drawings according to the DIN/ISO norms
- Solid understanding of structure design (CAE/FEM) and optimization is considered a plus.
- 2 - 5 or more years relevant experience in mechanical design and drafting (please describe in your application, preferably submit some examples of designs you have performed)
- Skilled with PTC Creo / CATIA / Solid Edge is considered an asset
- Experienced with PDM/PLM tools for work organization
- Good mathematical understanding as required for calculus to dimension fasteners and welds
- Good understanding in materials related with strength and fatigue and selection of appropriate materials for a given equipment
- Ideally, experience in CAD/CAM for offshore and maritime applications with proven track-record
- Background/Study in Aerospace Engineering is also considered an asset
- Ideally, some experience with CAE (FEM Method) and CFD to also implement simulations of equipment interacting with environmental loads (water, wind)
- You have worked with ISO-norms and you are confident in choosing appropriate tolerancing and material pre- and post-processing
- You love to learn
What's in it for you?
Next to a highly competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you to be part in one of the most up-comming robotics companies in the Netherlands. You will become part of a dynamic and friendly team of experts that share their passion in developing cutting-edge technology that solves pressing problems of the industry and of society (targeted at building robotics for a sustainable future!).
We guarantee that you will work on the most challenging, interesting and leading-edge technology projects in the maritime, offshore and transportation sector.
If you are unsure whether you are suitable for this position, please don't hesitate to contact us either via info(at)deltaxlab.com or by phone via +31(0)629243959 and to discuss your ambition and background with us.
If you are sure that you are the right candidate and if you look forward to work in our Laboratory, please send your CV, Cover Letter and Project Portfolio to info(at)deltaxlab.com
The DEADLINE for applications to this post is on 10 October 2019, NOON