FULLTIME - Rotterdam X Innovation Laboratory
Embedded Sensor and Control Software Engineer
You have a genuine passion for embedded sensor and control systems and have experience with classical machine vision? OR, you have a background in theoretical or technical physics with a strong software development background? We are looking for a special candidate that programs hardware-near (C) and also has a good theoretical basis of understanding and implementing algorithms for sensors, control and vision applications.
You want to contribute to bringing forth the most advanced equipment in the world that contributes to preventing climate change? You love to work in an inspiring, entrepreneurial and fast-paced start-up/scale-up company. At X-Laboratory we are disrupting the offshore and maritime wind market with novel solution for active Motion Compensation. Our systems are high-tech and allow to speed-up the growth of Offshore wind. We ensure that we can install more green energy faster! Does this make you excited?
You will join our team as embedded software engineer and you will work on robotic hardware-in-the-loop demonstrators, vision systems, advanced sensor processing (lidar's, IR cameras, CCD cameras).
- Design and implement embedded software in C/C++ on real-time OS' (e.g. VxWorks, QNX, RTPreempt Linux)
- Design and architect software for sensors in robotics applications
- Write design specifications and software architecture documents (with guidance from us!)
- Join an excellent team of the best experts in their fields of mechanics, control and embedded systems to productize novel products that have to work with high reliability and in safety critical applications
- perform coding, perform code-reviews, testing and integration and contribute to maintaining and continuously improving our CI/CD pipelines
- ideally gain ownership of a small product in the optics and sensor processing domain
Your qualifications and pre-requisites:
We are looking for a new, eager and friendly colleague with the following background:
- at least 2 - 5 years experience in embedded sensor and control systems (pref. with machine vision applications)
- Track-record of successfully implementing your embedded software design in a Product that has been manufactured (Min. 1 product designed, implemented and seen successfully in end-to-end operation)
- experience in classical machine vision in industrial context (e.g. OpenCV/C++, Halcon, etc.)
- theoretical experience in photogrammetry is a strong plus
- Understanding of optics, image transforms and affine geometry is desired
- Min. 3-4 yrs experience with C
- 2 yrs experience with modern C++ is a strong asset
- Extensive knowledge with build-systems, compilers, linkers, profiling, etc..
- Experience with networking (IP) and synchronisation of distributed systems is a strong plus (e.g. NTP, PTP)
- Strong hands-on experience with instrumentation, such as Oscilloscopes, Function Generators is a must and track-record to have worked with industrial control devices
- Experience with field-busses (e.g. EtherCAT, CAN, I2C, Profinet, Profibus, etc.)
- Experience with encoders and video transport is a nice to have
- Strong analytical skills is a strong plus
- Ph.D. is a strong plus (but not a requirement)
- Technical physics or physics M.Sc. is a plus
- Experience with laboratory testing and testing in complex industrial settings is a strong plus
- Good Mathematical understanding of standard calculus is required
- Strong desire to continuously learn
- Ability to help and teach others
- Embracing cultural difference
- Passion for embedded sensor system design and advanced machines and robotics
- M.Sc. in Embedded Systems / Digital Signal Processing / Machine Vision
The X Innovation Laboratory is a highly specialized robotics engineering laboratory, one of the most up-coming robotics companies in the Netherlands. You will be part of a dynamic and friendly team of diverse junior and senior experts that share their passion in developing cutting-edge technology that solves pressing problems of the industry and of society. We build the best motion compensation solutions for the offshore wind industry!
We guarantee that you will work on the most challenging, interesting and leading-edge technology projects in the maritime, offshore and transportation sector and will be able to continuously learn.
Read this carefully
Please e-mail your application to info(at)deltaxlab.com
To be admitted into the selection process, please always send:
- your CV (PDF)
- Formal Motivation Letter (PDF)
- Project Portfolio in PDF or PPT or Keynote (with Visual information about each project you have done)
To find information what we mean with motivation letter + portfolio, please check the information on our career site..